Thursday, February 26, 2015

Granted Wishes Interviews


Interview with Anne

I walk into the homelike shop and am floored. Anne’s place is exquisite.  Just as I walk in, a bubbly woman approaches me.
Anne: (I watch as the older woman extends her hand out to me). Hello, dear. I’m Anne.
Me: Hello. Thank you so much for allowing me to speak with you today.
Anne: (As she leads me away from the front door she talks). Oh, it’s my pleasure dear. Let’s go back to my table and sit, shall we?  (I walk with her and inspect the amazing décor and handmade items of this precious shop)
Anne: Would you like a drink before we start? I have tea, if you would like some?
Me: Yes, that would be lovely, thank you. (I wait a few moments as she returns to the gorgeous handcrafted table with two teacups and sits opposite of me. I take a sip and enjoy the lemon tea she graciously has offered me).
Me: Thanks for the tea. Shall we begin? (I watch as she nods her head in agreement)
Me: You are an inspiration, did you know that? (I watch her baffled by my statement)
Anne: Me, an inspiration? I’ve never thought of myself as one… I just lead my life with positivity and kindness.
Me: (I watch her stir her spoon in her tea. She seems shocked still by my statement. She’s so sweet). Yes, you are, but you are also an inspiration to more people than you realize.
Anne: (She smiles) Well, that’s nice if I can inspire someone else…then I have lived a good life.
Me: Where do you get all your positivity?
Anne: (I watch as she smiles and glances away from me) I grew up with strong morals and values. My late husband, too lived a kind life… and well, he completed me.
Me: It must be hard without him now.
Anne: (She nods at me). My husband was an incredible man. Just incredible.
Me: Speaking of incredible men, what do you have to say about your Giovanni?
Anne: (Her eyes no longer are filled with pain, but now shine with happiness). Oh my Gio—he’s a wonderful man. You would love him. All the ladies love him, but he doesn’t date anymore.
Me: Is that so?
Anne: (Looks at me funny) Yes, he’s met a new girl, Gracelynn I believe… but he’s cautious that one. I wish he would live again and remember life is too short to live in the past.
Me: (I glance at my watch and realize I’m running late for my next appointment).  Anne, it was so nice to meet you today. I am sorry, but I must go. I am running late for another appointment. Can I ask one more question before I leave?  (She nods in agreement again, smiling)
Me: What would you like to tell the readers?
Anne: That’s simple: Believe. Believe all things happen for a reason. You never know what could be waiting for you.
Me: I smile and am happy to have met this wonderful woman. She’s definitely a positive and kind woman. I shake her hand, thank her and leave her wonderful shop. I smile to myself as I walk to my next appointment happy to have met the wonderful Anne from Granted Wishes.




No comments:

Post a Comment