Thursday, February 11, 2016

Author Spotlight: Sydnee Dean


Interview:

1. When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?
I have always been an avid reader and writer. Writing is my passion, but I just recently started sharing my stories with others.

2. How long does it take you to write a book?
It depends on several different things; how long the book is, if the words are flowing, if I have chocolate. The two books I have published are novellas, so they took 2-3 months each.

3. What is your work schedule like when you're writing?

I work a fulltime job, like many writers, and I have three kiddos and a hubby, so finding time to write is sometimes difficult. Normally, I write late at night or on weekends.

4. What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
Hmmmm, I don’t really have one, unless you count keeping lots of sexy pictures on my laptop for inspiration! I am pretty sure most writers do that, though.

5. Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?
Sometimes I will see a picture or a premade cover and it sets ideas off. Some music also gets my creative side flowing.

6. When did you write your first book and how old were you?

My first actual book I wrote just a couple of years ago. My age at that time is confidential information….

7. What do you like to do when you're not writing?

I love to read, go to the movies, and spend time with my family, but normally if I have any free time, I am writing.

8. What does your family think of your writing?
They think it’s awesome, and are all very supportive.

9. What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?
How hot it is to write a story with a threesome in it. I had never written one before A Sensual Secret, and I loved it! There will definitely be more in my future.

10. How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?
I have two out right now. As much as I love Paranormal Romance, I would have to say that A Sensual Secret is my favorite. It was so much fun creating Sinful Cravings, Sin Cards, and the meaning of the bracelets that go with it all. I can’t wait to expand on that series.

11. Do you have any suggestions to help me become a better writer? If so, what are they?
A lot of people are afraid to publish, but if writing is in your heart, my advice is to go for it! Write what is in your heart and soul, and don’t be afraid to share it with others.

12. Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say?

Yes! They message me to tell me they love Saving Him or A Sensual Secret and want to know when the next books will be out. I love it! It means so much to me to know that others are enjoying what I write.

13. Do you like to create books for adults?
I do! Everyone needs a little sensual and sexy in their life. I get to help them out with that!

14. What do you think makes a good story?

Anything that keeps you turning the page from the moment you start reading until the end of the book. Everyone’s idea of a good story is different. I love hot, I love suspense, and I love the two together. You have that combination in a story, and I am entranced the whole way through.

15. As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?

I wanted to be so many different things. A teacher, a social worker, an actress, a police officer, a rodeo star. And now, as a writer, I can be all of those things inside my books!

Bio:
Sydnee Dean was raised on a small farm in central Iowa. She is now happily married to a husband she adores and they have three beautiful children.
Sydnee has been reading since she was a young child. When everyone else was outside playing, you could find her curled up with a good book. That hasn’t changed. She loves to get lost in romance and adventure.
Sydnee writes about several different types of love. In her books you will find MM/MFM/MF romance and whatever else pops up. She has two rules. Love unconditionally and live life to the fullest.

Her Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/sydneedeanauthor/?fref=ts

Buy Links:

A Sensual Secret


Amazon:

Saving Him

Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Saving-Him-Remmington-Inc-Book-ebook/dp/B014KA9UB0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455240050&sr=8-1&keywords=sydnee+dean
  

No comments:

Post a Comment