Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Author Spotlight: Winter Travers



Interview:


1.    When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?
I really started to take writing seriously a couple of years ago. When I wrote, I felt happier. I was finally doing something I loved.

2.    How long does it take you to write a book?
6 to 8 weeks.

3.    What is your work schedule like when you're writing?

When I'm right in the thick of writing a book, everything else seems to fade. I have a full time job, so when I'm not working, I'm writing. I really don't sleep much.

4.    What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
i'm not really sure I have one. I just write.

5.    Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?

My ideas come from real life. I'll be doing something and then I'll just imagine what my characters would do in the same situation. It's a running joke in my family that if we're doing something, they always ask if it's going to make it into a book. 9 times out of 10, it does.

6.    When did you write your first book and how old were you?

 I wrote Loving Lo three years ago when I was 29. Loving Lo sat on my computer for a year before I got the courage to take the step to publish.

7.    What do you like to do when you're not writing?
I love to bake. I went to school for Baking/Pastry Arts and was a cake decorator and bakery manager in my twenties. I now make cakes in my spare time for friends and family.

8.    What does your family think of your writing?

They support me in everything I do. My husband and son are saints for putting up with me when I'm in the home stretch of finishing a book.

9.    What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?

There is so mush more than just writing a story. Editing, formatting, promoting, cover design, teasers. The list goes on and on.

10.    How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?
Right now I have five books out in the Devil's Knights Series with book 6 coming out this Spring and also a whole new series this Spring.
Loving Lo has a special place in my heart. It was my first book, and has a huge piece of me in it.

11.    Do you have any suggestions to help me become a better writer? If so, what are they?

Write. Write everyday. Even if you only write a little bit, do it. The more you write, the better you become.

12.    Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say?
I receive quite a few messages from readers, and each time they tell me they enjoyed my books, it blows me away. My most frequent comment I get is my books are true to life and they wish they had a group of friends like the ladies in my books.

13.    Do you like to create books for adults?
That's all I do. My writing tends to lend itself more to adults. I have a bit of a potty mouth in my writing. Much better suited to adults.

14.    What do you think makes a good story?

Relatable characters. If you can give your readers one thing to relate to, it hooks them in, putting themselves in the characters shoes.

15.    As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?
I actually wanted to be a vet when I was younger. I have an immense love of animals.

Bio:
Winter Travers is a devoted mother and aunt, turned author. With stories constantly flowing around her, Loving Lo was the one story that had to get out (new ones are knocking on the door daily now).

Winter loves to bake and cook when she isn't at work, zipping around on her forklift. She also has an addiction to anything MC related, her dog Thunder, and Mexican food (Tamales!)

Winter has eight total books planned for The Devil's Knights series. Loving Lo, Finding Cyn, Gravel's Road, Battling Troy and Gambler's Longshot are available now with Keeping Meg, book 6, coming Summer 2016.

Skid Row Kings, her new Street Racing series will be out May 2016 with the first book, Downshift.

Stalk Her:
https://www.facebook.com/wintertravers/?fref=ts

Buy Link: 
Author.to/WinterTravers 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment