Friday, March 11, 2016

Shauna Kruse Photographer Spotlight


So are you looking for a photographer to get you that book cover picture that you are looking for then check out our Spotlight for the next two days.
*********Photographer Spotlight*********
Proof galleries available with a wide variety of models, poses and styles! Contact me to view and pick out your exclusive book cover. Payment plans available!
Interview:
1. How did you decide that you wanted to be a photographer? 
I’ve always loved taking photos. My mom gave me her camera when I was 8, and I was always that person with a camera wherever I went. Then after college I kind fell into a photography job at Heavenly ski resort and the rest is history
2. What is your favorite thing to take pictures of?
I love taking photos at military homecomings for Operation Love ReUnited. It is the most amazing feeling in the world watching these families reunite and being to capture that moment in time for them.
3. What is the craziest or weirdest thing that has happened to you on a shoot?
That’s a hard one! So many random, crazy things happen during shoots. We always have gawkers, people honking, or taking photos thinking I may be shooting someone famous. When I was shooting with Matthew Hosea, we threw him on a giant horse, and the horse may have gotten a bit..um…excited? It was pretty funny.
4. When you started taking pictures did you think they would end up as book covers?
I had no idea! I didn’t even know it was a possibility until two years ago.
5. How long did it take before someone said I want that picture for my cover?
I launched my model page at the end of February 2014, and sold my first cover to Vicki Green less than a month later. So not long at all
6. How many book covers are the pictures that you have taken on?
Around 260 covers licensed? Most of them haven’t been revealed yet. Not bad for less than two years!
7. What is your favorite part about being a photographer? 
That’s a hard one. I love capturing a moment, I love being able to show people what I see through the lens, and give them that moment forever. I enjoy being able to make people laugh and I love the response when they see the photos!
8. Do you read the books that your pictures are on?
Yes! I am extremely behind on my reading right now, but I do read them
9. How old were you when you started taking photos? 
My mom gave me her old camera when I was 8, and I’ve been taking them ever since!
10. What do you like to do in your down time? Down time? What’s that?
Haha I Love hockey. That’s my break and my release during the season. In the summer I like to go read by the water and escape for a bit
11. What does your family think of your photography? 
My family is beyond supportive and extremely proud of me. My parents have always encouraged me to follow my dreams and do what I love. I was raised in a small business household, so we have always been outside of the box thinkers. I really am blessed to have the family that I do. I wouldn’t be where I am today without them.
12. Do you have a favorite picture out of all the ones that you have taken? If yes can we see it?
I don’t have one favorite. I have a ton of favorites haha So hard to choose! A couple of my favorites were snatched up for book covers immediately, so I can’t share them. I’ve sent some of my others with these questions
13. Do you have any suggestions to help someone to become a photographer? If so, what are they? 
Practice, practice and more practice. Learn your camera and learn how to get a gorgeous photo straight out of the camera before you even think about editing. Too many people think they can take a sub-par photo and “fix” it in editing, but that’s not okay. Make sure you have pro equipment and know how to use it before you even think about charging for photos. A lot of people seem to think if they buy a DSLR they are instantly a professional photographer. I worked for a company for 8 years before I started my own business. Then I took a lot of free photos when I started my business, and made sure I bought the correct equipment. I had my business for 4 or 5 years before I launched my model page. So even though it looks like I just appeared here, it was a long road to it. I know we make photography look easy, but it isn’t just picking up a camera and snapping a photo. There is a lot of learning, lighting, adjustment, failing, learning again and work to get these amazing photos. I am constantly learning and growing, each and every single shoot.
14. Do you hear from your fans much? What kinds of things do they say? 
I have some pretty amazing fans that have been following me since I launched my page. And of course new ones every single day. I love when someone writes me and says I inspired them, and that they want to help make a difference. To me that’s the most important part of what I do.
15. As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up? 
I was all over the place. Haha I do remember wanting to be a Marine Biologist since I love the ocean, and animals, and loved science. But then I learned how much math I would need and changed my mind. I have a degree in Environmental Policy and Planning, and loved my classes, but just couldn’t find my niche with it. All through school I didn’t take photography classes because I was focusing on my degree, yet here I am. The Universe has a funny way of placing you exactly where you should be.


No comments:

Post a Comment