Sunday, May 15, 2016

Author Spotlight J.W. Snootz




Interview:

1. When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer? 
Probably when I was 5 and knew I could tell secrets and share stories with my friends by writing notes and short stories.

2. How long does it take you to write a book?
Anywhere from a few days to a few weeks usually. Some books take months or years to plot out and get just the way I want them and then when I decide it’s time it usually comes out quickly. Though I try not to rush and usually take time off until the writing is ready to pour out again.

3. What is your work schedule like when you're writing?
Just depends in the summer I am usually more busy and write less, but when I get into writing mode it’s usually six to eight hours straight followed by a day off or two and then another day the same way.

4. What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
I like to let the reader feel like they have some control over how the stories play out, for me at least I hate knowing how a story will end three pages into a book, unless that’s the writer’s intent. I don’t mind cliffhangers so I guess you could say I like to give you just enough to let you decide how things will go or could go.

5. Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?
Real life, my own messed up childhood, many ideas just come to me when I least expect them.

6. When did you write your first book and how old were you?
I was ten when I finally finished it although I spent a long time working on it, and never really felt like it was finished.

7. What do you like to do when you're not writing?
I play golf, play with my kids, other sports, work out, eat junk food, watch Marathons of great movies, spend time with the family. Edit which I hate. Travel.

8. What does your family think of your writing?
Most support it, I am sure there are some who don’t but they choose not to let me know that which is also fine with me. I do it for me, and for the people who enjoy the books. Not to please anyone else.

10. How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?
Vhamps is probably my favorite so far. I have written dozens many remain unfinished and never to be published works that should never see the light of day. I do however feel like they help make me better in the long run.

11. Do you have any suggestions to help someone become a better writer? If so, what are they?
Don’t believe everything everyone else tells you. Do what works best for you. If it’s like me and it takes you three days off between sessions, then do that. If you are more like other writers, you can schedule yourself 6 hours a day of writing then do that. You need to find your own best way and don’t be afraid to try new things. Take advice

12. Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say?
They usually tell me they don’t normally read my kind of books, and they were surprised they liked them. Which to me is a huge compliment. They also usually ask me about my home life and my kids, and if I myself am a swinger or a vampire. They ask great questions and often interaction with fans helps steer me toward new directions which I really love.

13. Do you like creating books that are for adults? Or do you write more than adult books?
I have several book ideas for children but am still waiting for the right moment to come to put them into production.
14. What do you think makes a good story?
I like questions and answers that lead to more questions. I like to think when I read and be both challenged and entertained.

15. As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?
I wanted to be a writer, and an inventor I have many failed attempts at both but I will always keep trying.

Bio:

J.W. Snootz here! I have been writing since elementary school, by never learning to print as a child, and having to learn cursive writing inspired me to write a lot as a youth. Writing my first novella at only 10, and staying in the 100 page realm for a long time, finally getting a push from my wife to create more elaborate stories here I am. Growing up all over the Midwest and traveling extensively you will always find some truth in all the stories I write.

I love to write in a variety of different genres and enjoy reading a lot of different story types as well. I love 80's movies, Bruce Lee Marathons, all things horror and zombies. I also love to hear from and interact with the fans and other authors so always feel free to say hi and share your kind thoughts.

You may visit my website and find out more about me, my social media outlets, and my books of course www.jwsnootz.com

"If you don't like the truth then don't make it the truth!"

Author Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JWSnootz
Author Website: http://jwsnootz.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Snootz6
Instagram: http://instagram.com/jwsnootz/
Tsu Author Page: https://www.tsu.co/JWSnootz
Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/jwsnootz6/
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/36238229-j-w-snootz
Google + : https://plus.google.com/u/0/+JWSnootz/posts


No comments:

Post a Comment