Thursday, January 21, 2016

Review: Progress by Amalie Silver




Progress by Amelia Silver is the first book I have read by this author.  Let me just start by saying that this book is a cliffhanger and I will be waiting to read the next book.  Charlene (Charlie) and Jesse are such complex and twisted characters that you can’t help but read the book just to see how things turn out.  Both of the characters alone deal with mental anguish that they have made coping devices for instead of handling their issues.  This book is not a light and cheery book it makes you stop and think about what people who have gone through these issues and that have these problem go through on a daily basis.  I have to say that I did love seeing the growth that Charlie did through this book and that she was finally able to except things about herself and realized that she can love herself.   I can only hope in the next one Jesse figures out how to truly love and grow in his own way as well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment